Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1)

Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1) - Cameron Jace " Let me tell you a Deadtime story, Jacob! One that the world isn't supposed to know about. Not even you. Although you think you've been told the right story, you were so wrong."

The order in which I read these books is not linear. I started with book six [b:Mary Mary Quite Contrary|15831760|Mary Mary Quite Contrary (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #5)|Cameron Jace|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1345811205s/15831760.jpg|21567155] and have now moved on to the first diary. This tale's narrator is the Evil Queen of Snow White, who in this book points out that for all the fuss that goes on about this story for so long no one even knows her real name! I had never really thought about it that much before reading Snow White Blood Red, but here the Queen raises some really interesting questions! :D

"You know what she is, right?" I whispered to him, my breath waving like fog upon his face. This time I meant Snow White. "You 've heard the stories. They have told you and you know what she is."

This is a completely new take for me on Snow White's story. In this world the main question that remains is who is the victim really? Snow White isn't just a fair, innocent maiden. She has darkness in her that even the queen fears!
I can't wait to read the actual book! The Snow White story from this brand new perspective! It's dark and different and so much more complicated than a simple children's fairy tale.
The Queen in this story had always held a certain appeal for me. It wasn't that I liked her, but she always felt to me like one of the most interesting characters in the Brothers Grimm books. Cunning and resourceful, she was one of the best book villains! Now her story is portrayed under a completely different light and I love it yet again! :D

"Don't you love?" I wiggled my nose. "When the character in the book killed the author?"