I Am Alive (I Am Alive, #1)

I Am Alive (I Am Alive, #1) - Cameron Jace Every girl dies. Not every girl really lives!
I really liked it even though the resemblance to Hunger Games was uncanny at parts.
So in this world at the age of 16 everyone gets ranked. You can either get a number from 5 to 10 which defines what you'll do for the rest of your life or you are declared a monster and thrown into an arena of sorts to survive. So far no one has. In this society people are obsessed with the number 10. 10 is the equivalent of perfection so no one can be a 10.
The characters were well enough built for a first installation in a series. If they just didn't have those crazy mood swings... Leo one minute is being snarky and obnoxious and the next he is professing his feelings in front of the world!
Decca really raises to the occasion! She goes from scared and panicky to courageous and resourceful in a matter of hours! :)
In a world were people are willing to stand by and watch and cheer while kids are dying who are the real monsters?