Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1)

Magic Bites -  Ilona Andrews
After rereading this.
I admit that I had been unfair in my first review of this book. It must have been one of those times that I just wasn't in the right mood for it...
Anyway, I reread this book a two weeks ago and this time I couldn't put it down! I went through all five books in a matter of days! :)
When you re reading a book there are a lot of things that affect the way you react to it.
The most important one for me is the mindset your in when you start. If you want something funny and you get a good action book you won't enjoy it as much as you normally would. If you want more romance and you get comedy same deal, etc. There are of course those times that you don't know what you want to read until you start reading it, those are the best cause everything is a pleasant surprise and very few things can put you off. This was one of those times for me. Once again Ashleigh pushed me to stop procrastinating and pick up the series again! :) (Thanks for that btw! ;)) So that was it! Love at first sight! (Or second, whatever!) I started reluctantly and I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I had before! Not that I remembered the book all that well...
Kate had me rooting for her and I am sooo glad to finally be saying that I have yet another amazing kickass female character to read excitedly about!
Curran is the classic alpha. What you see is pretty much what you get. There is ofcourse some scheeming and plotting going on but he's pretty direct when he wants something. He is a really strong male lead and having read the next four books I won't say anything else on the subject cause I' ll spoil big time. :P But the guy is hot!
I love Derek sooo much! :D One of my favorite sidekicks. Now I don't remember if this is completely justified in this book, but it definitely is on the second so I'm not soiling anything serious.
Crest just got in my nerves! Especially in the end! Ok he was right to be pissed but he kept on bitching about things and I just don't like the guy, so sue me!
I don't remember anyone else worth mentioning at this point, but I'll just come back and add later if I do. :)

If you are like me and where a bit hesitant with this series at first you might want to give the another try from scratch without prejudice and see if your opinion has changed! :D
*************************************************************************
Ok so I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have picked up this book any time soon if it hadn't been recomended as a buddy-read to me by Ashleigh... I think it is a 3.5 stars book, but I gave only three stars since I didn't get sucked into the story until the last chapters...

The story starts very slowly and there are way too much information given that I don't think are that important in this stage of the story, but it builds up and as the chapters go by it held my interest! Especially towards the end! :D

Anyway, its a nice read and a good way to pass your time. Maybe I'll keep reading on the series!