Fury's Kiss: A Midnight's Daughter Novel (DORY)

Fury's Kiss - Karen Chance Yeahhh!!! I just saw that this one has a cover now and an excerpt and I am super excited!!! :D
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

I love Karen Chance! It may take ages for one of her books to come out, but when they do boy do they do it with a bang! ;D Her writing was great as always and I could see the characters growing and learning throughout this book. Karen Chance has a gift for creating crazy, unique situations for her characters and then putting the pieces of the puzzle together so everything fits!
It is no secret that Dorina is one of my favorite characters! She is bad-ass, witty and has a knack for getting herself into trouble! What's not to love? :)
Ray was hilarious! Ever since I met him as a headless vampire running around causing mayhem I loved him! I was really happy when he returned for this book!

So I knew this was going to suck even before I found a smoking vampire in the hallway.
He caught sight of me heading down the stairs and immediately turned around and showed me his rear. “Is my ass on fire?”
“Good morning to you, too.”
“Screw that and look at my butt!”
“Do I have to?”
“Damn it, yes! I’m dying here!”

Damn, but I love his entrance scenes! They never seize to amaze and crack me up!:D

Oh and another one of my favorites of Ray:
“What are you doing there?” I asked, harsher than I’d intended.
“I was about to ask you the same. Where are you?”
“Buying condoms,” I said, watching the salesclerk ring up a box of mediums and hand them to Ray.
“Why?”
“Is there more than one reason?” I asked, because “we have a garden full of randy fey” wasn’t on the approved-conversation list.
There was silence on the other end of the phone.
“What’s this shit?” Ray demanded, looking at the salesclerk.
“Honey, truth hurts, but ain’t no way you’re a Magnum.”
“Well, I ain’t no medium!”
The clerk smiled. “Yeah, but I was being generous.”
“Dorina,” Louis-Cesare finally said. “You do realize...I thought you had been with our kind before.”
“I have.”
“Then why...” He stopped. And when he spoke again, his voice had changed. “Who are they for?”
“What are you doing?” the cashier demanded, as Ray grabbed another box. “I ain’t rung those up yet.”
Ray pulled out a foil package and tossed the box back on the counter. “So ring it up.”
She arched an eyebrow, but didn’t bother, maybe because she was watching him unbutton his fly. I caught his wrist. “What are you doing?”
“Proving a point.”
“Not in the middle of the store, you’re not.”
“Ain’t nobody here,” the cashier reminded me, grinning. “And ain’t no way he’s filling that thing out.”
“Dorina?” Louis-Cesare’s voice was loud in my ear. The one I had squeezed against the phone, which was squeezed against my sore shoulder,
because I was using both hands to keep Ray’s point in his pants.
“The fey, damn it!” I told him. “They’re for the fey!”
“Which one?” Louis-Cesare asked, his voice going velvety soft.
“All of them— No, Ray! Ray, cut it out!”
“All of them?”
“No, that’s not what I—”

“Ray!” I said sharply, only to be ignored. “Ray!”
So I slapped him again.
Only to have him promptly slap me back.
After which followed a bitch-slapping fest that I won by virtue of kneeing him in the gonads.

I loved learning more about Louis-Cesare as well! His master's gift is pretty awesome!
Ray too! Oh and let's not forget Marlowe! God I don't know why, but I like that guy! :D I would love to read a spin-off about him or even a short story!
Mircea showed a lot more vulnerability than he ever has before in either series. It was interesting seeing him as a caring father, it certainly made me like him more! The seen with him and Dory in Venice were among my favorites in the book!

Radu glanced at him. “Why is he here?”
“He’s my team.”
The door shook as something all but buckled it from the other side. “And what is that?”
“The bad guys.”
Radu put his hands on his impeccably tailored hips. “What kind of a rescue is this?”
“A do-it-yourself kind,”

One of my favorite parts of this book was the fact that Dory finally came face to face with Cassie, even if it was only for a few seconds! :D I can't wait to read about it from Cassie's PoV and maybe have a Dory crossover in the next Cassandra Palmer book!