Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, Book 1)

Succubus Blues - Richelle Mead SPOILERS FOR BOOKS 1 AND 2!!!!!

Ok so if you take a look at my READ list you'll figure out I am a huuuge fan of Richelle Mead!
I'd been hearing many things about this series, but I had been putting off reading them for quite some time. I started once about a year ago, but I put it back down almost immediatly after finishing the first chapter 'cause I wasn't in the mood to read it...
So after rereading some of Mead's other series I thought I should give this one another chance to prove itself.
I have to admit that it got better as the time passed, but I still had mixed feelings at the end.
Georgina was not my favorite kind of character... I just couldn't empathize with her. Seth was a little better, but still, aghh...
Now I did like the angel! He was one of my favorite characters, even if he wasn't among the main ones (Which I think is kind of wrong in any book).
Yet I've seen lots of reviews that claim the last few books were definitely the best, etc. So I said to myself, 'Alright let's give the second book a go and see how it goes before judging... '
I thought it got worse. :(
That incubus guy was a total jerk and one of the most unlikable bffs I 've read about!
Please someone tell me there is a gooood reason to keep on reading these, 'cause otherwise I give up!!!